Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Uno

I need you like the air I breathe, I need your trust in me, believe, I need your arms to charm my sleeves; I need your cape of Super, Reeves. I need you, please, so don’t let go, I need your light, my twinkle toes, I need your lift when I get low, I need you as my one, Uno.

I know now what it is to dance out in the raindrops of romance, and never need a second chance to fall in love from the first glance. My stance on you won’t ever sway, you were the gift for which I prayed, I’ll live for you through dying days and praise the ways which you amaze.

I’ll Frito lay chips off your shoulder, warm you when the world gets colder, boulder through the rocky roads that race you to the age of older. Smolder ice and dice apart the arctic grim that dims your spark, embark a vessel through your heart and never once again depart.

The part of me that needs you most grows from my head down to my toes and loves no feeling quite as close as when your breath rests on my nose. I know I’ve said it once before, or even twice, who’s keeping score, but let me tell you now once more, your blissful core I most adore.

I swore I’d never find such grace, to occupy my mind and space, but face it; frowns have been replaced by drowning in exquisite taste. Put in my place, I’m standing still, just call me Hank, King of the Hill, I found my Fox, she fits the bill, my emptiness she did fulfill.

No need for pills, my sleep is sound; I’m flying high, feet on the ground, so full of love, stuffed pound for pound because my Queen of Hearts was found. Her royal crown may not be seen by others but to me it beams with diamond shine and golden gleams so great it wakes up any dream.

A steady stream of tears once flowed, down past my lips and through my throat and carried anger in a boat the size of which I can’t denote. But anger finally turned to glee, the day she came and rescued me from burning fires and tired pleas with existential entity.

Believe me, it is you I need, I hunger for the food you feed, I thunder for the lightning speed of life you spark into my creed. I need you more than splints need sprains, I need you more than tracks need trains, I need your picture for my frame; I need you more than ever, Brain.

Written by Tyler Wagner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home