Sunday, February 06, 2011

Come Back To Me

The first time that I felt your clutch, it warmed my sullen soul so much and kept me standing, like a crutch, with feelings like I’d never touched. Much stronger than the hardest crush, you painted petals with your brush and rose my heavy heart to such a height it could fight out its hutch.

Your blush, a flush of fairy tale, my one success in life of fail; you ailed me when my strength was weak and seeped to beat my losing streak. You tweaked my inner demons out and sprouted proudest in my shout, forgot what pain was all about, as you destroyed my boyish doubt.

It started out just you and I, we cooled the world and ruled the sky, our eyes were drawn and on the prize to schmooze the truth and shoo the lies. Surprised at all the will you gave, my power raised and took to raves of sunny oceanic waves that lost my stress and saved my way.

Day by day and night by night, your healing touch stayed by my side and prided me with such a stride of happiness, bliss bona fide. My ride through life, a rocket blast, you set aflame my tainted past and cast me into galaxies of superstars and starry seas.

Retrieved the hunger in my heart, you held the match that lit my spark, embarked together through this life, our goal to cure the strain and strife. Just like a Wife, you married me, I held you oh so merrily, and barely could stand time away, prayed stay with me and never stray.

One day you let another in, we wrestled but you got the pin, so with that I took to anew and oh my how the joy did brew. I kept you with me, in my sight, you helped me with my sheepish fright, so shy, yet still so bold inside, and every day the darkness dried.

My Bride, I thought I’d see her be, you’d always promised utter glee, but somehow you did not prepare for such miss-care and misery. She broke my faith and took my trust, erased beliefs in you, in us, and now I’m left with nothing, bare, we should have never worked in pairs.

So now I’m staring at this wall of all for one, and one for all, and slipping, tipping from the fall and you’re not here to hear me call. I’m sprawled out on the pavement, please, come back to me and help me see that you’re still real, I’m still enough, please let me feel you once more, Love.

Written by Tyler Wagner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home