Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Traitor For The Highest Bid

Where has knowing right from wrong gone to in our country today?

It seems as though selfishness and the dollar outweighs patriotism.

When did it become OK for a natural born citizen of the United States to play basketball and represent Russia in the Olympics?

To me anyone that would do that is a traitor and should be expelled and exiled to Russia.

Olympics, money, selfishness you say what in the world am I talking about?

Well, this:

American Will Play for Russia

With San Antonio last year, Becky Hammon was runnerup for the WNBA's Most Valuable Player award, but still couldn't get her name on the list of the first 23 players invited to contend for spots on the U.S. women's basketball team.

So Hammon will play for Russia at this summer's Beijing Olympics.


She has signed a four-year contract for more than $2 million to play for CSKA, a Russian professional club.

If Hammon leads the Russians to a silver medal, she'll receive an additional $150,000 in bonus money. For gold, she'll earn $250,000.

Hammon is not of Russian descent, but was fast-tracked for Russian citizenship in February by the highest levels of Russian government.

Hammon was invited to a tryout for the United States team, but that was after she had signed a seven-figure contract with her Russian team that obligated her to be in Moscow. She says she believes the invitation was a courtesy.

"The jersey that I wear has never made me who I was. It has nothing to do with what's written on my heart," Hammon said.

"Will I be playing for Russia? Yes. But I'm absolutely 100 percent still an American. I love our country.

I love what we stand for. This is an opportunity to fulfill my dream of playing in the Olympics."

While the Americans are considered the favorites for gold in Beijing, the Russians should contend for a medal and are currently No. 3 in the FIBA world rankings.

Hammon has already envisioned the scenario: The ball is in her hands as the final seconds tick down in the gold-medal game and she takes the shot to beat her home country.

"When it comes down to it, I'm going to take that shot," she said. "I'm going to play to win. You have to be honest to the game and yourself. Sure, it will be awkward, but I wouldn't have made this decision if I wasn't ready to take that shot."

I'm absolutely 100 percent still an American. I love our country. I love what we stand for. This is an opportunity to fulfill my dream of playing in the Olympics."

"My mom had a heartfelt, motherly response," Hammon said. "She doesn't want anybody to get mad at me or call her daughter a traitor or anything like that. My dad, well, he was more logical. He said, 'Well, if USA Basketball doesn't want you, go for it.'"

This is not a political statement on any part.

I know what I'm doing in my heart is the right thing to do.

I know my motives are pure and right, so I can sleep at night.

I play strictly for the approval of God first, and country and people are secondary in my mind.

"It would have been very easy for me to stay home and wonder what could have been.

It took a lot of courage to say yes, because I knew a lot of the consequences, I knew what people would say about me, I knew what people would think.

So my faith gives me a lot of courage to step up to the edge and jump. So that's what I did."

'I know my motives are pure and right, so I can sleep at night.' Yeah if that is true why not play for the Commies for free?

It takes courage to admit you weren't chosen by the U.S.A. to represent them; it is easy for a coward to say it took a lot of courage to sign a seven figure contract to play for Russia in the Olympics.

Oh and I love it, God gave her his approval.

Yeah God didn't have anything pressing that day so he told Becky he realized the whole world revolved around her and since she was a self-centered little baby that only thought about herself, she should go ahead be a disgrace to her family, friends and country and should sign a contract for as much money as she could get from the Russians.

I think she may be a little confused. Rather than talking to God, I think it may have been the Devil she sold her soul to.

'I love what we stand for.' Where did she learn that? From her stupid dad who said "if USA Basketball doesn't want you, go for it," rather than 'Well, you tried out for the U.S.A. and weren't chosen so you will just have to accept that.'

Playing for Russia is what that family from Rapid City, South Dakota stands for?


Obviously the only one in her family with brains is her mother who had a heartfelt, motherly response that she doesn't want anybody to get mad at her or call her daughter a traitor or anything like that.

Sorry Mrs. Hammond, with all due respect your daughter is a traitor.

Becky Hammond is a spoiled selfish little Rat Brat Bitch that has never picked up a history book and, no matter how you look at it, is a traitor.

traitor
(Noun)
a person who betrays friends, country, a cause, etc.
one who betrays another's trust or is false to an obligation or duty.


She has betrayed our country and insulted every true blue American citizen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home